Project Coordinator – Shovel and Drills PCR Rebuild
Milum Mining and Energy Service is 100% Papua New Guinea owned with ISO Accreditations in Quality Management (ISO 9001), Safety Management (ISO 45001) and Asset Management (ISO 55001). Focused on providing an expert solution in the Engineering, Construction, Security, Labour Hire and Recruitment Services; our vision is to become Papua New Guinea’s first leader in the provision of complementary services in the mining and energy sectors.
To efficiently coordinate the Shovel and Drill PCR Maintenance crews to ensure that all targets are achieved in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner. Promote and uphold The Company’s Charter and encourage the appropriate work attitudes and teamwork within the Maintenance Crews. Ensure that all equipment is maintained to statutory and legislative requirements while being environmentally responsible
- Ensure to follow all safety guidelines and procedures to maintain and minimize the risk associated with the working environment to target zero work-related injuries and illnesses onsite
- Coordinate teams, mentor and lead crews to drive a positive workplace culture and provide direction to ensure availability of the equipment
- Coordinate and conduct training, developmental activities and weekly plan to ensure work is managed effectively and crewed correctly between areas, including assisting with the maintenance of the skills matrix for the area
- Run or participate in daily prestart, “Welcome Back” safety tool box discussions, planning, assist in recruiting when required, daily seniors’ meetings, review and take actions on KPI reporting
- Oversee & audit shift logs and ensure all records including environmental, training, licenses / tickets and MSDS are accurate and up to date.
- Inspect time confirmations, work orders and ensure they are completed daily and closed Off
- Direct daily housekeeping to maintain the area. Minimise the impact of Maintenance activities on the environment, particularly in the area of waste hydrocarbons.
Required Qualification & Skills:
- Trades Certificate or engineering degree
- Minimum of six (6) years practical experience in a maintenance environment, preferably in mining/heavy industry.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience in a maintenance environment
- Excellent level computer literacy
- Strong commitment to safety and a continuous improvement
- High level of communication
- Directing and Supervising
- Good organizational & housekeeping skills.
- Good people handling skills
Application Closes 4th April 2022
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Milum is an Equal Opportunity Employer!