Mining Productivity Advisor
Milum Mining and Energy Service is 100% Papua New Guinea owned with ISO Accreditations in Quality Management (ISO 9001), Safety Management (ISO 45001) and Asset Management (ISO 55001). Focused on providing an expert solution in the Engineering, Construction, Security, Labour Hire and Recruitment Services; our vision is to become Papua New Guinea’s first leader in the provision of complementary services in the mining and energy sectors.
The Mining Productivity Advisor is responsible to ensure productivity strategies are implemented by the contract mining company engaged by Ok Tedi Mining Ltd (OTML) for the Centre Pit Removal Project.
- Improve mining efficiency, ensure accuracy of operational plans and delivery of those plans through safe implementation
- Control and co-ordinate all project works including mining and dewatering operations
- Mentor and monitor the contractor personnel while on site and issue direction as required
- Ensure the contractor personnel are working to all standards as per the scope of work
- Report any incidents or hazards identified involving the contractor personnel
Required Qualification & Skills:
- Tertiary qualification in Mineral Processing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- More than 10 years of major mining project experience including dewatering operations
- Must have experience in project, operational and contract management roles within the mining industry.
- Experience in coordination and implementation of major projects
- Understanding of contracts administration
- High standard of spoken and written English
- Supporting and co-operating team player
- Strong behavioural skills in enterprising, Performing, deciding, interacting, presenting, adapting, coping, leading, creating and executing
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Application Closes 31st March 2022
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Milum is an Equal Opportunity Employer!